[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia English English

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Mon Sep 19 19:36:29 UTC 2005

Jack & Naree wrote:

>  I mean there are several issues here: cultural imperialism,

Cultural imperialism is of course the very reason that Americans
(and people in the rest of the world) speak English at all.  All
of the Louisiana Purchase area could speak French.  The East Coast
could speak Pennsylvania Dutch.  Minnesota could speak Norwegian,
and California Spanish.  But no, they all speak some kind of
English.  And this is not good enough for you?  I've even heard
that some of the Americans aren't of the "proper" white skin
color.  Horrible!  What's next?  Perhaps the world will start to
drive on the wrong side of the road?  Oh, they do already?

I suggest you give up on en.w and start to contribute to the
German Wikipedia instead.  Even if they tried once or twice, the
Germans have really failed to make theirs a world language.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)