[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia English English

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Mon Sep 19 11:52:30 UTC 2005

Mark Williamson wrote:
> Compared to that, American vs Commonwealth differences seem tiny.

A point that has not yet been remarked in this threat is this:
most people who learn English as a foreign language learn to write the
traditional, commonwealth spelling. I really like the idea to convert
the entire en.wikipedia to this spelling, but alas, it's not going to
happen. I dislike American English, but I will learn to live with it.
The splitting proposal is indeed exaggerated.

Gerrit.

--
Temperature in Luleå, Norrbotten, Sweden:
| Current temperature   05-09-19 13:39:49   11.9 degrees Celsius ( 53.4F) |