[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia English English

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 10:47:56 UTC 2005

Jack & Naree wrote:
<snip>
>  If you want to go academic - which is surely the best way to back this
> whole argument up, you should scan this (ironically american) leading
> insitute of linguistic research:
>  http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=eng

Interesting, the language I speak is further removed from the langauge
you speak - I speak a dialect called Australian Standard English, but
people in the USA just speak English.

Well, join the UK chapter of the WMF (if it's been created yet) and
things might happen.

--
Alphax                      |   /"\
Encrypted Email Preferred   |   \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign