[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia-l Digest, Vol 26, Issue 22

Ros’ Haruo rosharuo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 19:17:52 UTC 2005

> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:53:56 +0200
> From: Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia page protection report
>
>[...]
>
> This is only true if there is no social norm forbidding a sysop to edit
> a protected page. At least, on the english and french wikipedia, I do
> think the rule of no-edit on a protected page exist.

As an example of a minor edit that was allowed, during the recent
brouhaha over Pat Robertson's suggestion that Hugo Chávez be
assassinated, the English "Pat Robertson" article was protected, but a
sysop there implemented my request that a link to the corresponding
Esperanto article be added to the set of interwikis.

Haruo