[Wikipedia-l] New request for Cantonese Wikipedia: vote at 29-6

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 06:57:58 UTC 2005

On 9/13/05, Far <ffaarr at seed.net.tw> wrote:

> The two situations are different at all.  The  ZH Wikipedia is now  in fact Mandarin Wikipedia. No  articles in Kantonese, Minnan, Hakka , Wuu etc.   are written there. If someone  wrote   in zh wikipedia an article by the  language of Test-zh-yue, it will soon be deleted or translated into Chinese to make users of  zh wikipedia understand it.

In that case, my opinion is that we should make the 'in fact' official
in some way. Moving it to some more specific URL and making
zh.wikipedia.org into a portal page was my first idea, but is probably
going too far, but I do think that one should change the interwiki to
something more specifically Mandarin, and have links to the other
Chinese languages prominently on the frontpage.

Andre Engels