[Wikipedia-l] New request for Cantonese Wikipedia: vote at 29-6

Andrew Lih andrew.lih at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 09:08:01 UTC 2005

Don't consider the lack of direct challenge to you as a sign of
agreement or endoresement of the methodology. It could very well be
that folks have tuned out the more farcical arguments, like how
announcing a poll about Chinese language issues to Chinese Wikipedians
is not necessary.

And regarding your previous comment...

On 9/6/05, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:
> 4) The lack of announcement was partially intentional.

That pretty well sums it up.

In most places, that would be called vote rigging.

But as Jimbo said, that's why binding votes are frowned upon.

-Andrew (User:Fuzheado)

I felt that it