[Wikipedia-l] Bot for French cities on Romanian Wikipedia

Wikipedia Romania (Ronline) rowikipedia at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 08:18:43 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am a sysop on the Romanian Wikipedia and I am
interested in running a bot on the Romanian Wikipedia
to add articles for French cities. I am totally new to
bots and have no idea what steps to take next. Would
it possible to use the same bot (by Gac) as the one
creating French commune stubs on the Italian
Wikipedia? The only thing that would be different is
the actual interface (which would be in Romanian), but
it can use the same data. What are the next steps from
here? How would I be able to gain access to the
database?

Thanks very much,

Ronline

PS: How many French communes are there in total that
the bot must add?