[Wikipedia-l] Project: This wikipedia-related article is a stub...

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Wed Sep 7 15:47:40 UTC 2005

>Annoyingly, it's true that a few users at de: seem to do nothing else then filing requests for deletion. I don't ignore that fact. One even picked the user name "Löschantrag" (='request for deletion') but is on the verge of being blocked AFAIK. What I wanted to point out is that these outrages by no means reflect the spirit of the German WP. The community is aware of the "Löschwahn" a few people have fallen prey to and the way they can harm the project e. g. by daunting off newcomers writing their first article.

Unfortunately at nl: a couple of the newer users are very fanatical when
it comes to deleting as well. For us at nl: a new development and I find
myself for the first time in my almost 2 years wikimedia contributing
time to have to watch the page for articles put up for deletion :( Hope
we can convince to do it another way.

Waerth/Walter