[Wikipedia-l] New request for Cantonese Wikipedia: vote at 29-6

Andrew Lih andrew.lih at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 22:37:49 UTC 2005

Angela is right - the Proposal_for_Sinitic_linguistic_policy failed to
make an open call to the ZH community for their opinion.

Due diligence has not been performed. My suggestions from July:

http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2005-July/041203.html
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2005-July/041207.html

were not heeded. The voting page does not have complete background
materials;  nor was the page translated into Chinese, the main
relevant community; nor was the announcement made to wikizh-l or the
main zh.wikipedia.org community pages.

Personal differences aside, the organizer of a vote, as an implicit
"overseer," should show restraint in terms of commenting on individual
votes and as a result, influencing the votes on the page.

One reason the final (sixth) GNAA VfD was accepted after several
controversial rounds of voting was because of how professionally the
vote was administered. We should learn from that.

-Andrew (User:Fuzheado)