[Wikipedia-l] Re: new wikipedia

Giuseppe DAngelo pippudoz at yahoo.it
Fri Sep 2 09:13:41 UTC 2005

Re starting a new wikipedia from scratch, I can vouch for everything everyone as said so far, as someone who faced nothing but a TOC 10 months ago on scn.wiki (actually it was nothing but a white page until Mark dumped a template in there for me).

The only thing I can add is that it is a bloody long, slow, laborious process and one has to strike a balance between setting up all the infrastructure (very boring work) and writing wonderful, brilliant articles (which is slightly more interesting).

I will now make a full confession.  My second child had just been born at the time and my wife was going to bed at 8pm every night, leaving me free for 4 hours every evening for about the first 6 months  of scn.wiki's life - that pretty much gives you an idea of what is required in terms of time.  Now you are probably all thinking, typical sicilian male - leaving baby duties to the woman!  But I have been punished well and truly the last 4 months or so, where I have been on permanent wake up duty and have been getting by on a few hours of sleep per night - as a consequence - the wonderful, brilliant articles in scn.wiki have had to take a back seat!
Salutamu
pippu d'a