[Wikipedia-l] Re: GFDL Clarification

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sat May 28 20:22:37 UTC 2005

Robert Brockway wrote:

> After reviewing the wording of my request and Mercedes' response it is my
> contention the pictures are licenced under the GFDL.

The GFDL was never mentioned, so it is hard to justify claiming they
licensed it to you under the GFDL.

Quite to the contrary, you only asked if the image could be used on
Wikipedia, not whether they would license it under the GFDL or anything
else. Therefore, they only agreed to using it on Wikipedia, and
therefore it should not be used on Wikipedia because it isn't free.

Timwi