[Wikipedia-l] Les echos

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 22:55:19 UTC 2005

Puddl Duk a écrit:
> Let me ask you this, Anthere. When you are interviewed by the French
> media on What wikipedia is (and not about the international nature of
> the project),  do your interviewers always go out of thier way to
> include non-French wikipedians, like Radio Open Source went out of
> their way to find non-U.S. wikipedians?

I found you the link to one of my favorite article of the year :-)

It was published in the central pages of Les Echos, as Les Echos
innovation, which is published on wenesday.

I stripped the pages during lunch hours, since this newspaper is
received in my firm...

This is one of the pages

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/0/08/Les_Echos_-_Le_wiki_veut_lib%C3%A9rer_le_travail_collectif.jpg

This was written by Capucine Cousin et Laeticia Mailhes, both
journalists at Les Echos. The first is located in Paris, the second is
correspondant in San Francisco.

If you look carefully at it, you should be amazed by the number of
references (people they interviewed to make the article) and their
diversity. There are several french undoubtely, but there is Lessig,
Wales, Cunningham, Mayfield, Lessig, Benkler etc...

The other page focused much more on legal issues, in particular with a
long interview of Lessig.

As far as I know, they decided on the article first and contacted all
the people themselves. Laeticia called Jimbo, and he recommanded them to
contact me. Quite funnily, they start with Wikipedia and Jimbo and they
close the article with Wikipedia and I (with an error as it refers to
wikimedia France).

In business, this article had a great impact.

Ant