[Wikipedia-l] Re: Jimbo interview on NPR Friday?

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 20:54:48 UTC 2005

Puddl Duk a écrit:
>>I personally would not call particularly clueful a journalist
>>exclusively interested in the english speaking part of our project.
>>

> Did you miss the part where they talked about the Afrikaans wikipedia;
> see http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk%3ADewet&diff=0&oldid=13851559
>
> You insulted the program for being ''exclusively interested in the
> english speaking part of our project''. I don't think this is true.

Insulted ???

I certainly did not insulted the program. If you felt I insulted the
programm, or if you felt I insulted the interviewees, that was certainly
not my intention. I said the interviews were good.

I mostly tried to just give my feelings. One after the others, most
programs only talk about one part of the project, and when they choose
to talk about another, they choose to represent a very minor language.
Again, I have nothing against a minor language, I was part of one once.
But I just do not feel happy about that. And reading your answer, I do
feel not only my concern is addressed but you do not even consider I
have the "right" to be concerned. I had hoped we could talk like adults,
without resorting to big words.

Hmmmm, right.

Finally, I will keep that big knot in my stomach. It was an error to
just even mention the issue. All is well. I will not mention the topic
any more. There is no issue. Issue closed.