[Wikipedia-l] Re: Jimbo interview on NPR Friday?

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 18:58:28 UTC 2005

--- Sean Barrett <sean at epoptic.org> wrote:

> We think highly of you, too.  However, we refrain from posting
> mindlessly bigoted rants on mailing lists devoted to the process of
> building a free encyclopedia.

Yeah, ok, maybe over the top.

But, so you know, I am both a French and US citizen, living in Los
Angeles now, but lived in Fort Worth, TX for 8 years. Yeeehaw!

Actually, I would like to address the point along the same line of
thought that names of large multinational corporations are shunned on
en-wikipedia, to the advantage of the brand name that said
corporations used to successfully market their product to the
american consumer. How do you explain to somebody that Toyota !=
Toyota Motor Corporation when their level of expertise is limited to
US High School education level?

In any case, I get your point.

Chris Mahan
818.943.1850 cell