[Wikipedia-l] What I'm expecting about the validation/rating system (concrete example)

Guillaume Blanchard gblanchard at arcsy.co.jp
Wed May 25 02:27:06 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Personally I give no importance to articles' quality average rating but
I think this rating system may be useful for an other purpose. My
principal concern is to offer to *those who want* a list of article
version reviewed by persons in whom they trust. Here is a concrete
example of what I would like to be able to do:

For the Egyptology project, I would like to create an (informal)
reviewers committee where each member gives information about his
expertise level (professional, professor, autodidact, etc.). Members of
this committee review all articles version they want like any other
users. Then I would like to allow the readers to obtain the list of
articles' versions corresponding to the criteria of their choice. For
example, the list of versions that was rated more than 7/10 by Miss Foo
and Mister Bar. A default search criterion may be versions that was
rated more than 5/10 by any member of the committee.

What do you think about that? Will the new rating system allow that?

Aoineko