[Wikipedia-l] North Frisian wikipedia - arbitrary mention

Wouter Steenbeek musiqolog at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 08:07:13 UTC 2005

>Your "success" with Seeltersk?? Are you kidding? The Test Wikipedia
>has 0 articles, and there is no hint of support from native speakers.

Did I claim I had success in /building/ a wikipedia? I meant I had success
in contacting scolars and, yes, in attracting native speakers. You expected
me to have already built something, but that was too optimistic. With such a
small language, spoken particularly by elder people, you can't expect the
rise of a wikipedia within one week. Moreover, I was quite busy over the
last months, and only recently the first real efforts towards building a
Seeltersk wikipedia were done at all. If I intended tio say that I had
success with /building/ a Seeltersk test-wp, I'd have said that.

Wouter