[Wikipedia-l] In a massive, and often anonymous context, how do we know each other?

Joseph Reagle reagle at mit.edu
Thu Mar 31 21:52:34 UTC 2005

Hello, I have a question about your article that appeared in Wired. One of
my difficulties within the Wikipedia community, or, say for example, this
e-mail list, is the large number of people one is likely to come across. It
can be difficult to keep track of everyone, particularly in the context of
editing a diverse set of web pages So, I was wondering how do people come
to know of each other? In particular, for your article, how did you select
the folks you did? Asked Jimbo? Looked at the top contributors?

Thanks!