[Wikipedia-l] Re: Autofellatio

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 05:13:17 UTC 2005

Erik Moeller a écrit:
 > 1) Brion is on the case already. There's a code change in CVS that will
 > allow InterWiki redirects to show a "Redirected from" like regular
 > redirects.

This is a good idea. It allows to fix things more easily.

 > 2) Angela pointed out to me that even if the image was deleted from the
 > English Wikipedia, it could still be on any of the other wikis on the
 > InterWiki map (e.g. all Wikicities), all of which can be used for
 > InterWiki redirects. So you wouldn't just need a cross-Wikipedia
deletion
 > or linking policy, but pretty much one across all wikis. That is
clearly
 > not a workable solution.
 >
 > 3) The autofellatio image may be a case where many people agree that
it is
 > inappropriate in any context, but many images which we clearly want,
such
 > as the photos GerardM uploaded of venereal diseases, would be clearly
 > inappropriate on user talk pages. That doesn't mean such images
should be
 > deleted.

No, but this is precisely what is happening right now. Which is why I
raise up the issue.

Two weeks ago, there was a wide call on the french pump to go vote for
the deletion on the english wikipedia. The intent of such a vote was
only to prevent this vandalism. This was the only solution some french
editors found to limit vandalism locally. I do not think it is a good
solution. It should be the choice of english editors to keep it or not
keep it. And the vote should be strictly limited to voting for a regular
use (on article).

Ultimately... finding tools to deal with this type of vandalism will
help such images to be kept on projects.