[Wikipedia-l] Autofellatio

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 05:10:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:49:15 -0800, Sean Barrett
> I find it admirable that you are so utterly certain that you know what
> the goals of the foundation are better than members of the Board of
> Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation, and are so unhesitatingly willing
> to accuse those Trustees of harming your project, and are so quick to
> request that Trustees leave your project.
> Admirable, and very wrong.
> But admirable.
> Well, sorta.

Well better to judge the ideas than the speaker...

Or perhaps,  A lie told often enough can become the truth.
Sometimes the secret to change is to tell the right lies. ;)

In any case, I've read over and over that it explicitly not the goal
of the project to attempt to impose a set of arbitrary value
judgements on the work. Perhaps my interpretation of the matters is
wishful and lacking in accuracy, but I'd rather I state it strongly
and be rebutted strongly as that will bring about the deepest
understanding in the least amount of time.   In any case, it will
hopefully result in clear answers that will be useful in preventing
confusion in others later. :)