[Wikipedia-l] Re: Autofellatio

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 21:22:56 UTC 2005

--- Alfio Puglisi <puglisi at arcetri.astro.it> wrote:
> I must confess that I didn't even know that interwiki redirects were
> possible. Are they actually used for some purpose?

IIRC, that feature was created as a hack by Brion that never was polished into
a proper feature. This was during a big push to move Sep11 biographies of
non-notable people who died in that event to the Sep11wiki. Interwiki redirects
were created so as to not break links from search engines and other websites.

-- mav