[Wikipedia-l] Autofellatio

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 10:54:17 UTC 2005

I would like to raise a little issue.

It is currently possible to do redirection from all projects to one
project image.

I'll give you a nice example.

Imagine you connect yourself to wikipedia, and get a bright orange
message "You have a message".

You click on it... and find yourself facing the autofellatio image.

You would love to vote for its deletion (you do not support such an
image on your project), but unfortunately, the image is on another
wikipedia, where maybe you do not have an account, and actually you have
no idea if this image is welcome or not welcome on the other pedia and
actually you may not even have the right to vote for its deletion.

If you are lucky enough, you quickly find the way to cancel the
redirect. Maybe not.

-------

Many months ago, we made it impossible to link to external images,
because we were fighting to avoid the goatse.

Now, several wikipedias are dirtied by the pornographic images available
on the english wikipedia.

So, I suggest that
* either we all agree to share common images, since they can impact us
and in this case, I would like that a common vote is held to decide the
deletion of this image from the english wikipedia
* or we agree that no local projects should be submitted to the
editorial choices made by other projects and redirections between
projects should be cancelled
* or we find a filtering solution, so that certain images not welcome to
other projects may not be redirected.

In case of all sensible images such as the autofellatio, it should be
the project choice whether to display it or not. And I think the
multiplication of complaints on the topic requires to think about a
viable solution for all of us.

Ant