[Wikipedia-l] Newspaper links article keywords to Wikipedia

Henry Tan-Tenn share2002nov at lomaji.com
Mon Mar 14 05:38:56 UTC 2005

Taipei Times, a leading English-language daily in Taiwan, recently (I
think) added a function that allows on-line readers to "Wikipedia-ize" a
number of pre-selected keywords in its articles.  The keywords do not
necessarily correspond to existing en: articles.  I have not seen an
explanation posted regarding the thinking or motivation behind it (not
being a regular reader), but it would seem to be a push to have its
readers engage Wikipedia, perhaps conveniently incorporating or citing
the paper's contents along the way.  For an example see
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/archives/2005/03/14/2003246212 (link
labeled "Wikipedia" on the right).