[Wikipedia-l] Saterlandic Frisian Wikipedia

Wouter Steenbeek musiqolog at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 21:52:50 UTC 2005

That's encouraging and interesting Mark. Indeed I am convinced good
communication is more important than the creative process itself.

You mention the Limburgish wikipedia. Did you know that its recent expansion
is largely my work? I speak Limburgish, though I do so with an accent, I can
write it and I know some of its speakers. The creator of the Limburgish
Wikipedia does speak Limburgic, but realised that he could speak it far
better than he could write it, so he was reluctant to write all to much.
Anyway, I began to work and in my slipstreams a few other joined; thus we
expanded the Limburgish wiki from 9 to the present 309 articles.

In this case, there are enough speakers, enough competent writers, but
virtually no-one knew of the project. Currently we are doing more PR, and
hope to attract more attention. In my opinion, I should learn from this and
start my PR in Time...

Wouter