[Wikipedia-l] Request for classical Chinese

abc_root abcd_root at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Mar 2 12:09:36 UTC 2005

I hope in the kanbun wikipedia simplified Chinese(China) does not appear.
Obviously those deviate a lot from the normal characters and only spoil the
beauty of kanbun.

As for phonetic transliteration, I personally prefer not to create any new
words from transliteration using kanji. (I'll live with those that are in
common use.) The ancient people did this because they did not think of
creating an alphabet and that caused a lot of confusion in trancribing
foreign words when speakers of different languages follow their own
pronunciation. But now we have quite a few choices of alphabets to use and
there is no need to do that again. If someone still prefers to do that, I
can only suggest he note down the original word, too.

For the procedure of starting a new wikipedia, I'm still not very sure and
hope to hear suggestions from you guys.

--- Felix Wan <felixwiki at earthsphere.org> からのメッセージ: