[Wikipedia-l] Re: Q1 2005 Fund Drive over

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 11:54:41 UTC 2005

Mark Williamson a écrit:
> Are any of your students Ossetic speakers, or for that matter speakers
> of other Russian Federation languages?
>
> Even if you don't know if any of them speak it, it would be a very
> nice thing to mention.
>
> When Wikipedia is spread from these students to their friends, it
> would be nice if in addition to "Russian free encyclopedia which
> anybody can edit", they will go to a Chuvash friend and say "Free
> encyclopedia which anybody can edit, with even a version in Chuvash
> waiting to be built".
>
> I think that in this respect, if people were to mention this more such
> wikipedias would have more contributors.
>
> When Danny or Jimbo or Eloquence or Angela or whomever presents the
> concept at a conference, as far as I know they either 1) don't mention
> languages except in passing, 2) mention that it's multilingual and
> that there are, for example, German and Japanese versions or 3)
> mention the fact that it is available in the national language.

Nod... I do not know about how they present Wikipedia but for Jimbo. And
Jimbo mentions it is multilingual.

I several times had that opportunity, either to talk in a conference, or
several times per month at journalists, and my moto is free, free and
multilingual.

(just always nice to see that I am never listed as one of those
speakers, but well... getting used to it months after months, thanks for
the cheer up Node).

But, I thought the opportunity (your mail) was too good not to mention
my latest blog, since for the first time I wrote in english rather than
french. So, if many french wont be able to understand it, some might.

http://anthere.shaihome.net/index.php

I often disagree with you Node, but really, in this case, I am
fullheartedly with you. I recommand you read my little story at the end
of my post in particular.

PS : my heart is a bit bleeding that yesterday, for the first time, I
wrote in english on my blog.

PPS : My blog is dedicated to Daniel Pink and his latest article on
Wired by the way.