[Wikipedia-l] Icelandic - "Jökull/jökull"

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Thu Jun 30 18:40:12 UTC 2005

Hi, on the Italian wiktionary someone with only IP added the above term
with a capital letter. The definition says that it means "ice" or is a
person's name. Now I tried to check with is.wikipedia/is.wiktionary and
I found out that indeed it is a persons name, but I cannot find a
reference to its meaning of "ice".

Anyway when it means "ice" doesn't it need the spelling "jökull" with a
lower case "j"?

I hope there's someone talking this language on the list, otherwise I'll
just add the name and delete the rest.

Sorry for crossposting, but since this is a seldom language chances are
higher that someone can help me.

Ciao Sabine