[Wikipedia-l] The elections are on, but I cast a blank ballot!

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 03:44:31 UTC 2005

If you haven't heard, the board member elections are official on.
I'd like to encourage everyone who is eligible to participate, but I'd
also like to encourage you do like I did and cast a blank ballot.

Because we use approval voting, a blank ballot is the same as voting
for everyone and the same as not voting for all. But it is also
different because it shows your interest in the process, without
either approving of or disapproving of any particular candidate. Since
there already votes there is no risk of us going without a board,
which is good. :)

I have posted why I choose to vote blank and why I think you should do
the same on my userpage, and I welcome comments.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Gmaxwell/vote_blank