[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia turns a few heads in Bhutan, China

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 19:47:51 UTC 2005

These Dzongkha-speaking heads... any chance that they'll do anything
on the Dzongkha Wikipedia?

By the way,      since that's been noted, we might want to clean
dz.wiki up (Gilst Ooli is a pagename left over from when it was
squatted).

Mark

On 28/06/05, Sj <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wikipedia snagged some Bhutani coverage this week, though it seems to
> have been written a few months ago...  A journalist writing  for
> /kuensel online/, "Bhutan's daily news site," cheerfully noted the
> existence of a Dzongkha Wikipedia.
>
>  http://www.kuenselonline.com/article.php?sid=5656
>  http://dz.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilst_Ooli
>
> Meanwhile the Chinese government is developing a editable encyclopedia
> of  Chinese history, including all extant documents from before 1911.
> According to Xinhuanet, "Volunteers may register at www.china-can.com
> to become an intern editor, assistant editor or editor."
>
> The site is designed for "50 billion words and 35 million media
> files"; I'm guessing that's a British billion...  so around 100 TB.
> >From the looks of their website, however, they're just getting off the
> ground (and relearning html lessons from 1998)
>
>  http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-06/23/content_3125788.htm
>  http://www.china-can.com/index.htm
>
> -- SJ

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIVM ERVDITIONIS HABES
QVANTVM MATERIAE MATERIETVR MARMOTA MONAX SI MARMOTA MONAX MATERIAM
POSSIT MATERIARI
ESTNE VOLVMEN IN TOGA AN SOLVM TIBI LIBET ME VIDERE