[Wikipedia-l] Middle-Earth Wikipedia (was Re: Re: Why do we have them??)

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:35:16 UTC 2005

Yes, we can.

I did that to a certain degree on sh:... I would link from the
Cyrillic version of an article to the Latin version with, for example,
[[hr:sh:Astronomija]]. The name on the interwiki is for the Croatian
Wikipedia, yet it goes to the Srpskohrvatski Wikipedia.

Mark

On 28/06/05, Phil Boswell <phil.boswell at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Mark Williamson" <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote in
> message news:849f98ed050627143841a440ca at mail.gmail.com...
> [heavy snippage]
> >... Quenya, Sindarin, Cirth, and Tengwar have
> > some degree of followers (to be sure, I sometimes wish Tolkien had
> > combined all his languages into Tolkienish --- it's too bad the
> > Tolkien languages fanbase is sort of divided over so many different
> > languages)
>
> So why not have one "Middle-Earth languages" wikipedia, which can accept
> articles written in any or all of the above?
>
> I would assume that the problem of overlapping titles would not arise since
> the titles would necessarily be different even between languages using the
> same script.
>
> Which raises a question: is it possible to come up with a system which
> replicates the functionality of inter-wiki links between pages within the
> same wiki?
> --
> Phil
> [[en:User:Phil Boswell]]

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIVM ERVDITIONIS HABES
QVANTVM MATERIAE MATERIETVR MARMOTA MONAX SI MARMOTA MONAX MATERIAM
POSSIT MATERIARI
ESTNE VOLVMEN IN TOGA AN SOLVM TIBI LIBET ME VIDERE