[Wikipedia-l] Request for creation of Dutch-Low Saxon (nds-nl)

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 22:30:17 UTC 2005

Also, the difference in spelling is easily solved.

Differences, as far as I know:

(German spelling -> Dutch spelling)
Final nn -> n
s -> z
i -> ie
o -> ao
au -> aau
ei -> aai
u -> oe/o
f -> v
ü -> u
mm -> m
a -> aa
ee -> eei
ou -> oe
ä -> ae / e
ö -> eu/ui
ll -> l
ou -> oou
w -> v/w
oo -> o
gg -> g
chC -> gC
uhi -> oei

Spelling can easily be converted, see
http://s87257573.onlinehome.us/ks/index.php?title=Nds-test&variant=ks-de
(obviously there are some shortcomings, but these can be fixed with a
little programming).

Mark