[Wikipedia-l] Re: chapters of the Wikimedia Foundation

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:30:31 UTC 2005

On 23/06/05, James D. Forrester <james at jdforrester.org> wrote:
> It's bad enough when Americans get the name of the country that set them up
> wrong, but we'd hope that our European friends and allies with whom we are
> in economics and social union would at least get it right. ;-)

Go on, admit it, you've used "Holland" to refer to "the Netherlands"
before; and I bet plenty of people still refer to the non-existent
nation of "Czechoslovakia" out of habit - to the annoyance of "our
European friends and allies" from "Slovakia" and "the Czech
Republic"... :p

On 23/06/05, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> This was discussed at <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK>.
> The suggestion of using "WISE" (Wales, Ireland, Scotland, England) was
> made at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_UK

Hm... "Wikimedia WISE" - I like it! It may not be very obviously
descriptive, but it's certainly snappy and neutral...

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]