[Wikipedia-l] Re: chapters of the Wikimedia Foundation

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 14:54:58 UTC 2005

On 23/06/05, James D. Forrester <james at jdforrester.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, June 23, 2005, at 12:05, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Other [chpaters] are currently under work, for [..] England
>
> Umm. The United Kingdom, please. :-)
>
> It's bad enough when Americans get the name of the country that set them up
> wrong, but we'd hope that our European friends and allies with whom we are
> in economics and social union would at least get it right. ;-)

I could be wrong, but I vaguely recall reading something that "England
only" (or probably England-and-Wales) was being looked at, as it
potentially simplified matters from a legal standpoint. Scots law, as
we should all remember, exists solely to confuse people at inopportune
moments...

(On the other hand, I've just been poking around looking for this, and
can't find it anywhere - apologies if I've misremembered)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk