[Wikipedia-l] Re: chapters of the Wikimedia Foundation

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 11:04:50 UTC 2005

Hi

There are currently three chapters, in Germany, France and Italy.
Others are currently under work, for Switzerland, England, Poland,
Netherlands...

Most of these chapters take a lot of time and energy. I do not recommand
to make one before you have a serious number of participants in your
country. It is more important to focus FIRST of all on the project.
Chapters are in great part set up to promote the language(s) spoken in
the countries and relevant projects. If there is a project with 100
articles, it makes little sense.

Mostly, take your time :-) Starting a language is huge work. Focus on
that before everything. Most chapters creation took at least a year.

Good luck

Anthere