[Wikipedia-l] 4 new Wikipedias have just been created

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Wed Jun 22 17:58:45 UTC 2005

>> I await the East Frisian, Northern Frisian, etc... Wikipedias
>>
>> :)
>>

> I am awaiting Surinamese and Papiamentu wikipedias!

OK, so far I noted that there are many small languages that would like
to create encyclopedic content, but that probably lack in something. Did
you ever consider to start a wikicities project without having the
wikipedia interface translated etc. and start editing there - so when it
then comes to the wikipedia contents can easily be transferred and it is
not so difficult to start a wikicities project. This would also show
that people are really interested. I mean if someone wants a wikipedia
in a specific language and does not have the requested number of
contributors etc. he can anyway start a project there. If things are
taken seriously one could then also think about exceptions to the rules etc.

This is just a thing that came to mind right now as instead of hoping
that something happens I prefer just to go there and do it - afterwards
when people see that things work it is normally accepted without problems.

Just my 2 cts. - And I hope I understood wikicitie's policies enough to
say this here (if not, please tell me).

Ciao, Sabine