[Wikipedia-l] Re: Moldovan Wikipedia Proposal

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 13:18:27 UTC 2005

Mark Williamson a écrit:
> Hi Anthere,
>
> Unfortunately, there isn't really a mo.wiki "community".
>
> It's more like, a group of two or three core individuals working on
> the project, and another 2 or 3 "mo.wiki hagglers" -- people who keep
> complaining on talkpages that the Wikipedia should be deleted.
>
> Incidentally, the "hagglers" also believe that "there is no such thing
> as a Moldovan language", and until recently they were all editing
> anonymously. None of them has any edits to content pages.
>
> The current problem is, what rights should go to what users? If we let
> the "hagglers" vote, they will possibly nominate one of themselves,
> vote him in, and then sabotage the Wikipedia using  their newfound
> sysop privelages.

Well, I am not sure what "haggler" mean, but I guess this is not a
gentle term :-)

I'd say only those with an account can vote. And a rule such as at least
1 month and a certain number of real articles can make the trick.

However, I must confess, as one external to your conflict, this sounds
like "all those agreeing with me are good editors, all others are hagglers".

> If we let the "core" vote only, then we run the risk of being "undemocratic".
>
> Also, according to Ronline's proposal, I will remain a sysop
> "temporarily" to translate the interface, whether or not I am voted
> in.
>
> Mark

This strikes me as reasonably democratic solution ;-)

Hmmm, a question... does the issue of whether to use Cyrillic as an
influence in any way in the translation of the interface ?

Ant