[Wikipedia-l] Wikitorials shutdown

Andrew Lih andrew.lih at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 12:52:10 UTC 2005

On 6/21/05, David Gerard <fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:
> Andrew Lih (andrew.lih at gmail.com) [050621 17:00]:
>
> > On 6/21/05, Stirling Newberry <stirling.newberry at xigenics.net> wrote:
> > > http://www.bopnews.com/archives/003730.html#3730
>

> How annoying. I thought it was a marvellous experiment, and was
> surprised how non-crap the results were. (e.g. beter than Indymedia, though
> that's not hard).
>

> > LA Times' Wikitorials will perhaps go down in history as the [[Disco
> > Demolition Night]] of the Internet.
>

> I don't think it was that bad ;-)

The more the LA Times talks about it, the more I'm convinced they
don't "get it". To wit:

"As long as we can hit a high standard and have no risk of vandalism,
then it is worth having a try at it again," said Rob Barrett, general
manager of Los Angeles Times Interactive.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-wiki21jun21,0,1952611.story?coll=la-home-headlines

"No risk of vandalism" eh? :)

-User:Fuzheado