[Wikipedia-l] Re: Requests page

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 00:07:45 UTC 2005

Talking about removal...

Mark... the request for permission was stating artificial languages are
perfectly acceptable.

Aphaia added a paragraph which reflected better the current most agreed
upon idea on the topic, which is precisely that creation of artificial
languages may indeed ... just not happen.

You removed Aphaia comments.

I placed them back, slightly rephrased. I hope my rephrasing is
acceptable to you.

But please, admit that the community generally do not share your opinion
on the matter of artificial languages... and that these pages should
reflect the reality of what is happening... rather than what you hope
should happen. Writing down a misrepresentation will not help, but to
confuse people.

ant

By the way... why does a foundation-wide vote exactly mean ?
I must confess I am a bit worried to see you make many changes to this
page. Generally, you confess opinions on the matter of new languages
which are significantly different from community opinion... and I would
prefer you avoid removing to many comments.
For example :
http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Requests_for_new_languages&curid=12422&diff=0&oldid=144481

I confess I forgot about the Foundation wide vote on the matter of

Some languages that have been decided are too similar to another
language include a proposed [[:en:Filipino language|Filipino]] wiki
(redundant with [[:en:Tagalog language|Tagalog]]), [[:en:Basel
German|Basel German]] wiki (redundant with [[:en:Alemannic
language|Alemannic]]), East German wiki (redundant with [[:en:German
language|German]]).