[Wikipedia-l] Requests page

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 20:36:25 UTC 2005

Hi Wouter,

"Thought police" refers not to your removal of requests, but rather
your removal of individual comments. Which you did do.

Mark

On 18/06/05, Wouter Steenbeek <musiqolog at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear fellow list subscribers,
>
> Yesterday I had the unpleasant experience that Mark Williamson scolded me
> for "Censor" and "Thought police". The reason was that I had deleted some of
> the requests on the Requests for new languages page on meta
> (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages), and
> subsequently he placed most of them back, along with some other ones that
> had been removed by long, and not by me.
>
> As a matter of facts, I got /furious/ and if Mark had stood right before me
> I would have spit into his face. Later however, he eludicated the reason why
> he placed them back, and we seem to agree on more things than I thought at
> first. The page /is/ really getting overloaded with requests and becomes too
> long. The difference was, he wanted to keep them anyway.
>
> I may opinion, the right solution is to cut-and-paste them to an archive,
> newly to be created. I could very well create it right now, but thanks to
> Mark's great action I am unsure whether this wil be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Incompetent, inautoritive censor and thought police Wouter Steenbeek.
>
> Btw: it seems perhaps a little inappropriate to discuss this meta topic on
> the Wikipedia mailing list, but since the topic is realted to the creation
> of new Wikipedias I took the liberty to post it here.

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIVM ERVDITIONIS HABES
QVANTVM MATERIAE MATERIETVR MARMOTA MONAX SI MARMOTA MONAX MATERIAM
POSSIT MATERIARI
ESTNE VOLVMEN IN TOGA AN SOLVM TIBI LIBET ME VIDERE