[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia in Cebuano

Vincent "Bentong" S. Isles bentong_isles at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 12:18:41 UTC 2005

Hello guys.

I would like to reiterate our request to have a
Wikipedia in the Cebuano language. We have the minimum
number of supporters, and we have also promoted the
idea in some fora where Cebuanos frequent.

Our raster name would be using the same image as the
English Wikipedia. The logo would have the text
"Wikipedia   Ang Gawasnong Ensayklopediya".

I have started translating the main page of the
English Wikipedia and some of the required pages.

Unfortunately I don't have a permanent online
connection and I live in a country where one hour of
online connection is 5% of the minimum daily wage. So
I could visit the Internet at most thrice a week. :(

Respectfully yours,

Vincent "Bentong" S. Isles
http://bentong.topcities.com/

P.S. Yes, I do speak the language. I even write using
it (for a small fee in one of our Cebuano magazines).