[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wiktionary-l] Article on LISA

Wouter Steenbeek musiqolog at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 18 11:14:52 UTC 2005

>Also, if you do it for Wiktionary, it would only be logical to merge all
>wikipedias into the Ultimate Wikipedia, Ultimate Wikiquote, Ultimate
>Wikibooks, etc.  But that's simply for consistency's sake.
>

>James

Logical, but ever so practical? A dictionary is per se about differences
between two different languages (OK, except for describing unilingual
dictionaries, but we're talking about translation dictionaries now, aren't
we?). An encyclopedia is not. A Wikitionary consulter usually looks for a
translation, and in Wiktionary several languages are merged already.
Wikipedia always keeps one language.

Incompetent, inautoritive censor and thought police Wouter Steenbeek

SI HOC LEGERE POTES, APPARENTER DOCTUS ES. SI LEGIS TOTAS HAEC RES, INSANUS
ES ET TIBI NECESSE EST COLSULTARE MEDICUM VEL PSYCHOLOGUM. SI SCRIPSISTI
HAEC RES, ETIAM PEIORES TIBI RES SUNT: NONNULLIS SERIOSUM TE CAPERE NON IAM
POSSUNT.