[Wikipedia-l] Requests page

Wouter Steenbeek musiqolog at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 18 10:28:05 UTC 2005

Dear fellow list subscribers,

Yesterday I had the unpleasant experience that Mark Williamson scolded me
for "Censor" and "Thought police". The reason was that I had deleted some of
the requests on the Requests for new languages page on meta
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages), and
subsequently he placed most of them back, along with some other ones that
had been removed by long, and not by me.

As a matter of facts, I got /furious/ and if Mark had stood right before me
I would have spit into his face. Later however, he eludicated the reason why
he placed them back, and we seem to agree on more things than I thought at
first. The page /is/ really getting overloaded with requests and becomes too
long. The difference was, he wanted to keep them anyway.

I may opinion, the right solution is to cut-and-paste them to an archive,
newly to be created. I could very well create it right now, but thanks to
Mark's great action I am unsure whether this wil be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Incompetent, inautoritive censor and thought police Wouter Steenbeek.

Btw: it seems perhaps a little inappropriate to discuss this meta topic on
the Wikipedia mailing list, but since the topic is realted to the creation
of new Wikipedias I took the liberty to post it here.