[Wikipedia-l] Wanted - help desk helpers

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:57:27 UTC 2005

On 15/06/05, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that we should have pre-composed responses to the most common questions.

We do have some template replies, but there a huge range of queries
every day and boilerplate responses would not be helpful for a lot of
them.

Another point to note is that it would be helpful if volunteers to
this were also willing to fix the articles that people write to us
about. Although we tell them they can edit Wikipedia themselves,
there's no guarantee they'll do that so the problems they raise in the
emails often need to be fixed, or at least mentioned on the article's
talk page.

Angela.