[Wikipedia-l] Wanted - help desk helpers

sannse sannse at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 13:15:22 UTC 2005

Delphine Ménard wrote:
> On 6/15/05, sannse <sannse at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Pay is at the usual Wikipedia rate of lots of good feeling and all the
>>cookies you can eat.
>

>>p.s. I lied about the cookies
>

> I only saw the PS after I hit the reply button. I was going to file a
> complaint that I never got any cookies. Geez, how a dream can be
> shattered in a single sentence...

I promise, if we ever meet in person, I will make all your cookie dreams
come true ;)

> On a more serious tone, a good knowledge of how to deal with hardly
> English speakers is also a good asset.
>
> And I will just add that the email help desk policy is that your real
> name is displayed, rather than your nickname in Wikipedia, although
> you send from a wikimedia address and your personal address is not
> there. Thought you should know.

Although this is the norm on OTRS, I use a real-sounding nick there
rather than my real name.  I was not happy with being so public (I have
quite a distinctive name) so Jimbo agreed that I could become "Lisa
Carter" for the purposes of answering this mail.  I'm sure a similar
arrangement can be made for anyone else as paranoid and suspicious as me ;)

I've a nice little pile of mugs^Wgenerous volunteers now - I will be
talking to Jimbo and elian about this as soon as I see them.  Thanks folks

--sannse