[Wikipedia-l] Re: www.biography.ms is illegally using Wikipedia content

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 17:32:39 UTC 2005

Funny that you mention it. Yesterday, I was looking for an old pdf
version of Donella Meadows work. Had a hard time finding it because all
what was on the net about her was copies of the wikipedia articles (mine
in good part, so this was not what I was looking for). One of the most
proeminent copy was precisely this website.

It was also one of the first time I regretted articles existed in
wikipedia... because I could not find the original paper I was looking
for, because the web was so much infested by the wikipedia articles...

I suddently regretted Google was not able to distinguish that all the
articles were the same, and hidding other articles which are unique, but
simply less visible. I actually wonder if this is not a bit problematic.
It looks as if the search system was not able to handle this properly
any more.

Ant

PS : I must not forget to add the pdf link to the article so I can find
it next time.