[Wikipedia-l] Re: Enciclopedia Libre

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 18:41:46 UTC 2005

Timwi a écrit:
> Jimmy Wales wrote:
>

>> [Encyclopedia Libre]
>>
>> What software version are they using?  Is there anything we can do to
>> help them?
>

> Assuming Enciclopedia Libre is meant, 1.3.11.
>
> Isn't this the one that was originally a fork of the Spanish Wikipedia?
> I can't remember what the reasons were for forking or for not merging
> back in. Does anyone know? Maybe we should think about encouraging a
> remerge.
>
> Timwi

The visible reason was fear of advertisment.

The less visible reason is best explained here by Brion (3 years ago) on
another issue (which could have resulted in a very similar outcome)

http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/intlwiki-l/2002-June/000451.html

I'd say it was also the type of misunderstanding which results and
escalates from lack of bonds. From not knowing the other party.

Ant