[Wikipedia-l] Re: Enciclopedia Libre

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 5 18:12:52 UTC 2005

Mark Williamson wrote:

>A remerge has been suggested, but Enciclopedia Libre (Free
>Encyclopaedia) has been resistant and they are, after all, at an
>advantage because they have more articles than do we.

Where are you getting this information? From what I know, the Spanish
Wikipedia passed Enciclopedia Libre in terms of article count a long
time ago. The counts currently stated on their main pages are 50,508
(es.wikipedia.org) versus 28,165 (enciclopedia.us.es).

I do agree that being friendly and supportive is much more likely to
bring them back in, on their own timetable, than trying to push the
issue too much.

--Michael Snow