[Wikipedia-l] Combined effort

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 16:23:20 UTC 2005

Not so much Hindi though, with over 1000 articles. Tamil and Kannada
are also doing OK, and a couple of others have a couple of hundred
articles but are inactive.

Mark

On 05/06/05, David Gerard <fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:
> Mark Williamson (node.ue at gmail.com) [050605 10:25]:
>
> > I have only had minimal success in sending out e-mails about inactive
> > Wikipedias.
> > But then, most of the people I e-mail, I don't know.
> > I figure that if each of us knows two or three people who speak
> > languages of inactive Wikipedias, and we each tell all of these people
> > that we know that there is a Wikipedia in their language, the effect
> > would be much greater.
> > So, if you know anybody who speaks one of the following languages,
> > please tell them.
>
> > India: All major languages
>
> All major languages of India?!
>
> That's  ... amazing. (As well as wrong and bad.)
>
> Free software has enough interest for organisations to form (FSF India).
> Perhaps FSF India would be a good place to drop a line about this to.
>
> - d.

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIVM ERVDITIONIS HABES
QVANTVM MATERIAE MATERIETVR MARMOTA MONAX SI MARMOTA MONAX MATERIAM
POSSIT MATERIARI
ESTNE VOLVMEN IN TOGA AN SOLVM TIBI LIBET ME VIDERE