[Wikipedia-l] Re: GFDL Clarification

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sat Jun 4 14:20:51 UTC 2005

Robert Brockway wrote:
> If I had asked Mercedes Corby if I could licence the images under the GFDL
> I'm sure she would not have had the slightest clue what I was talking
> about.

It is not difficult to explain.  You can just tell her the basic
conditions of the license and ask.  Give her a URL with the license and
warn her that it is complicated.  Explain the basics clearly, and
document everything.

> If we do not then Wikipedia will ultimately be the loser.

But if we do not get proper licensing, then Wikipedia will *really*
ultimately be the loser.

--Jimbo