[Wikipedia-l] Mass handling of "zh" translations??

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 01:27:32 UTC 2005

Hi all,

You may or may not have read my earlier message warning people that
it's not OK to put Simplified text as the zh translation for press
releases, system messages, etc. outside of the 3 Wikimedia wikis that
support it (zh-books, zh-pedia, zh-wikt).

As I found out it seems this is all the work of one culprit,
"vipuser", who similarly seeks constantly to replace the Traditional
Chinese sister-projects template on the Traditional Chinese version of
Commons mainpage with a Simplified one.

However, his work is already very extensive, and it will be a lot of
work to do by hand.

So I wondered , is there a way we can move (and delete redirect) en
masse all of the /zh translations to /zh-cn or /zh-hans?

Again, it's important that we remember that conversion only works
inside of those 3 wikis, everywhere else there still needs to be two
versions .

Also, congrats on the Cantonese Commons, Meta, etc-mainpage.

Mark

--
SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIVM ERVDITIONIS HABES
QVANTVM MATERIAE MATERIETVR MARMOTA MONAX SI MARMOTA MONAX MATERIAM