[Wikipedia-l] Probably faked article in 57(!) languages

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:08:55 UTC 2005

Well, I'm the admin at nv.wikipedia, and you never contacted me even
though the article existed there.

My suspicion is that your list was incomplete.

And a deletion request doesn't mean it will be deleted -- many of the
requests you have made seem to be on inactive Wikipedias without
administrators, and thus cannot be deleted except by a steward.

Mark

On 30/08/05, Michael Holzt <kju-wp at fqdn.org> wrote:
> > Unfortunately, many of those languages don't have sysops who can
> > delete the page.
>
> Might be. Hoewever i took the list of the different versions and visited
> all of the language versions yesterday. In 38 language versions i made
> Deletion-Requests (where i could find the template, it might be a good idea
> to make {{delete}} available [as a redirect] in _every_ wikipedia) or left a
> notice on the feedback/forum/cafe/whatever. It seems that many have already
> acted upon it.
>
> In 11 more language version the article was already deleted or someone else
> took care. Only in 5 languages i could not find any way to notice the
> admins: br, io, iu, th and yi.
>
> In the meanwhile some anonymous user from Estonia showed up in the VfD for
> [[:en:Tony Blackplait]], the alledged frontman of the band which articles
> contains lists of movies and books who can't be found in catalogues. He/She
> claims that there would be truth in the article and argues that
> mistranslations had occured. I still don't believe that, but there might be
> some more truth in this entries than we first thought. However it seems that
> the criteria for relevance won't be reached anyway so it does not make a
> difference.
>
> Regards
> Michael
>
> --
>       It's an insane world, but i'm proud to be a part of it. -- Bill Hicks

SI HOC LEGERE SCIS NIMIVM ERVDITIONIS HABES
QVANTVM MATERIAE MATERIETVR MARMOTA MONAX SI MARMOTA MONAX MATERIAM
POSSIT MATERIARI
ESTNE VOLVMEN IN TOGA AN SOLVM TIBI LIBET ME VIDERE